Sunday, August 13, 2017

The influence curve

Many men want the effect to be followed by a large mass of people without
understanding the costs to earn that influence not only from the
perspective of glory, you lose your privacy, but also a point contradictory
view, where your influence begins to encroach on the interests of powerful
groups. I learned firsthand that past a certain point of influence, you
will suffer particularly negative attacks that don t offer a proportional
increase in influence. The curve of influence dictates that you should stop
trying to increase your influence after a certain point.
Each day, a man starts somewhere a trip to gain influence. He uses his
talent and experience to produce articles, videos, podcasts, or tweets. The
first steps will be hard that his work will not easily rewarded by the
influence, but if it persists, it will eventually cross a threshold where
his influence is increasing rapidly and is dedicated following. Soon, his
influence begins to walk on other people's toes, especially if he is a
dissident not controlled by the public institution. It will then be
attacked.
The creator is happy with the attacks because it causes its influence on
the rise, gaining her more money and gives it the recognition that is
natural for the ego Crave, but attacks are likely to increase in intensity
to the point where he now has more time to defend against them instead of
producing work that earned him an influence in the first place. Soon, his
influence begins to go down that its output is completely framed by his
enemies and no longer provides value to its core audience.
Here is a graphical representation of how this looks:

The sweet spot is the point where the creator has a great influence, but
maintains minimum exposure to attack. If he seeks higher levels of
influence, then it must engage with the enemy. This further increases its
influence, but only by a small degree. It continues until it reaches the
peak of influence, which is over 20% more than the influence he had on the
sweet spot, but it was a heavy price to be attacked more regularly. The
creator of existence is now mostly respond to attacks instead of producing
work. That makes him lose influence.
My creative career matches this curve. There are three notable attacks I've
supported: (1) being placed on the Southern Poverty Law Center List of
misogynist in 2012, (2) be attacked by Canadian mayors in 2015, and (3)
having to close my jogging due to the outrage worldwide in 2016.

I approached the sweet spot with informers SPLC, exceeding three years
later in Canada. The meetup indignation was my time to peak effect. Every
man has a limit to the influence he can win, and continuing on the path
that I was, my influence would have decreased. So I ignored my ego s call
for greater influence. Otherwise, there is a chance I just of death at this
time, because my ego would have convinced me that I'm not really influence
unless people are trying to kill me. This does not seem like a productive
result.
The curve has doesn t for great personal expense in seeking influence.
After the attacks against you have accelerated, you become less able to
produce the work you love and become rather paranoid and jaded. By the time
you need to hire bodyguards to ensure your personal safety, or when you
need to study the operational safety tactics written by former CIA agents,
is when you know you're near your influence peak.
The solution is not to spend the sweet spot. This means that you must take
deliberate actions that limit your influence using enemy attacks as an
indicator of where you stand. If you increase the attacks against you
follow the curve. If attacks against you are stable or falling, you do not
move on the curve. I moved on the curve to the left from the meetup
contempt by not holding events, trolling not on burning problems, reducing
my profile on social media, and is not actively seeking to produce content
viral. Given these measures is difficult enough for my ego to accept,
because I know that if I make a future event, there will be dramatic riots
that take my name at the top of the news headlines. It's begging me to go
through the whole curve, but I understand that listening to help create the
work I love first.
I guarantee that not a single creator follow my suggestion and voluntarily
limit their influence. Being attacked by the enemy is extremely validate
you start to judge your value based on the frequency of people come after
you, but within which lies the paradox that your influence will actually
decrease as you become more an entertainer than a thought leader. While I
understand it, part of me still sucks this time of advanced influence and
intoxicating effect when the eyes of the world are on me. Time will tell if
I can avoid this temptation.
This article was originally published on Roosh V.
Read more: How to influence people in the modern era

No comments: