Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Every man has his Ancestral Village Visit

My appreciation for Croatia deepens every time I visit. This week I went to
my & # 8221 Selo; (Pronounced Sell-oh). The Selo for me is more than a
summer respite between trips down the coast, so the translation of town
doesn t quite cut it.
For me, wine is Selo house; he brewed rakija of barrel (fruit brandy in
Moonshine border), the dazzling scent of ripe plums, figs and pomegranates
which takes this traditional liqueur. The Selo is old babas (grandmothers)
covered in black shawls with which they honor their dead husbands warriors
long ago who served and died defending their homeland for several
generations of the Balkan war.
The Selo is traditional women scold you for not eating enough playfulness
just after the complete filling with freshly baked bread, a hearty stew and
lamb all you can stomach. The Bura Selo, strong, howling north wind that
emerges without warning and as quickly disintegrates into nothing, perhaps
a signal to unwanted visitors that their time here is fleeting.
For me, Selo is a home that is both very real and a very distant dream.
Despite the tranquility of it all, there are three practical reasons to
visit your ancestral village: know where you come from is incredibly earth,
know your options improves your results in life as a negotiator and knowing
you gives you peace of mind. All this knowledge are best found in Selo.

Knowing where you come
While Selo can be beneficial, it n t come without its problems. Although
many of my cousins ​​fathers had perished in no more than one previous
generation war (those who didn t have a tendency to drink in a stupor)
their son have since been blessed with beautiful lives, their own families,
and vast tracts of untaxed land to build up in that future, they might
consider.
As for me, I can command a higher salary at a corporate job, but I had to
learn the game just to stay afloat in the natural labyrinth, toxic Internet
whores sex signaling and masculine Third Wave feminists who make up the
North American today dating market. Despite the relative chastity and
traditional values ​​of Canadian Croatian women, I'm still too young to
marry (at least back in the West, where most of Croatian women still pursue
an education and career).
At the end of the day, it is reassuring to know that there is life beyond
Canada to better reflect my true values, and that people living in such a
life are perfectly fine. This, in stark contrast to the typical Western
media representation of sullen culture in the Slav eyes and dismal
xenophobic supposedly makes me feel more comfortable in my convictions.
Growing up in an anti-white cesspool like Canada can be suffocating. expose
you to visceral examples of your wealth is a false multiculturalism remedy
that can only be experienced simply by watching YouTube videos.

To know itself
Every day I've been here I've walked past at least one chamber or a woman
raising children my age or younger that Vancouver could just as easily take
a shower in the attention of men with Twitch gifts or patreon his useless
financing Bachelor Liberal arts stripping bare line when he pleases. At my
advanced age (I m just under 25), I m no stranger to marriage town stresses
to the point that they are announced half-joking manner by well-meaning
parents who want to capitalize on some North American social value for
their daughters, they often represent real opportunities for meetings.
While many people in the West are pushed to the edge and feel like they
have no choice but to expatriates, as a dual citizen I m caught between.
It's at the stage of my life I wonder if I've been robbed of better. While
my cousins ​​are limited by geography and for many of them, a college
degree and fluency in English, I stay in the purgatory of indecision.
Should I spend the next few years working hard to build an independent
income of the place just to return to Europe and marry my future wife of
the village anyway or should I take the plunge and just live like my
cousins, open an olive oil business and grind my days as a young man of the
family as soon as possible?
In Selo rape divorce is that it dares to let you come to the reputation of
a whore if not what happens to your wallet when a biased judiciary bands
you everything you have. While my closest relatives reap in natural
delights that investment in family implies, I always wonder if I really am
nothing better to my life, if the celebrity I experience being a stranac
(Foreigner ethnic with money) has real lasting value. Over the past two
years, I've learned some new programming languages, I've had a few new
types of beer and I captured a handful of new flags. What will I gain new
really ten years of being single?

Know your options
While in the past I am annoyed by the apparent honesty and intrusiveness of
the villagers, I have since learned to appreciate their openness, not
lackadaisical. As I got older, I feel more and more appreciated in their
presence. I wonder if this is what it feels like to be a camgirl or
Instagram Baby in North America. To tell you the truth, it feels good. The
best part is that I don t have to undress while feigning allegiance to a
fictional social movement as the positivity of the body to prove my worth.
Every man needs to succeed here, or a woman in business, is a consistent
work ethic, integrity and the desire to tell compelling stories. Most of
all, every time I visit the Selo I come face to face with the kind of life
I could live if I willing to make the commitment. This gives me a mental
edge when it comes to negotiations with trading partners, employers, and
whatever life has to throw the other to me. If all else fails, I know that
I could live a splendor of life compared to almost no financial burden,
even if at the expense of some of the most comfortable aspects of
modernity, as a high monthly salary, Netflix selection slightly better
legal and marijuana.

Chuang Tzu said that "the wise man knows that it is better to sit at the
edge of a remote mountain stream than to be emperor of the world. "I agree
and add that if it is better to be a poor, happy Seljak (villagers) a
company yuppie prostrate with a 6-figure salary. If you ever have the
chance to visit your Selo, whether in Europe, Vietnam, India, or elsewhere,
you can speak the language fluently or not do not neglect your opportunity
to do so. Take advantage of every opportunity. The Selo knows you best. The
more you know about yourself, the less uncertainty you feel about your
future.
Fuck the Selo to show me what I could have still don t have, but God Bless
to show me who I am.
Learn more: The best time to visit Europe If you have strong romantic intent

No comments: